Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Food

OMG I love food!!!!

But unfortunately I never really understood food.....

With all the 'diet; information out there I was so confused, my relationship with fast approached a negative one!

There was a time when I decided the mighty doctor was the way to go, whom skipped around my questions loosely advised to eat less 'junkfood' and sent me on my way. So I did as I was told (for once) had little success but really how much success can one have when the advice is so spars? So back to a different doctor I went who too skipped around the question and when I told him politely his advice sucked he referred me on to a nutritionist.

I entered the nutritionists office with joy in my heart that today was the day I would finally learn the wholly grail of what to eat...... Man was I wrong! Instead I felt like I was back in primary school, my teacher close to my side holding up a colorful chart saying 'now out of this pretty box you can eat 3 serves, what will you eat?' wrinkly old finger then moves to the next pretty box and with the same enthusiasm asks the same sort of question. After feeling completely belittled I cam away feeling even more dazed about what to eat.

So bring on the negative cycle that was fad dieting!

It wasn't until a lovely friend held my hand and said I know what you need to do to get off this negative unhealthy roller coaster, placed a book in my hand and said here try this.
It was exactly what I needed!
Step by step
This was the tipping point of my journey :)

Then brain played devils advocate..... I thought it was super restrictive, then I thought how could I live without coffee, Then OMG no chocolate, then I thought my diets not so bad, maybe I just need to workout harder, then I my fried chicken and chips with a side of aoli and mug of cappuccino.....Oh wait my diet is shit :0

So this book became my bible, I challenged myself to stick to the 4 weeks like glue and keep a journal. Once my 4 weeks were up I'd evaluate where I was at and decide if this was my holly grail, I had a few stumbles (fried chicken was my nemesis) but I lost 8kg, my aches and pains disappeared and my hormones balanced out all in the space of 4 weeks and I thought if this is what I could achieve with mistakes imagine what I could achieve if I was completely committed???? 

Here I am 3 months in and I am 20kg lighter :0
Full of energy
Pain free
Loving me
Owning life

So this was my first step. Stay tuned for what I did after I got my nutrition in check.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness :)
    Thank you so very much for reading my blog and thank you so very much for writing your book, I can honestly say it saved me from a life that was lacking health! It was just what I needed to start my journey and it has set the frame work for what I do now on a day to day bases.
    Thank you so very much :)

    ReplyDelete